Facebook allows marketers to keep in touch with people all day if they are on their computers or mobile devices, at home or at work, watching television or to go shopping with friends. This enables businesses to create rich social experiences, build lasting relationships and amplify the most powerful type of marketing – word of mouth.
Connecting with people is just the beginning. In the pages that follow, you will find the best practices to achieve their business objectives Facebook.
If you are new to FaceBook Marketing. I personally suggest you to visit my below posts. This will help you a lot to improve your skills and expertise with Facebook Marketing.
And those who really have good experience into the Industry and want to enhance their knowledge and understanding should continue reading the post.
3 Main Pillars of Facebook Marketing Structure
The first step is building its presence with a Facebook page. Pages allow you to create an identity for your business in the social graph – the map of connections between people and the things they care about. If you have physical stores, link your page with a place.
You can use Social Plugins, the Graph API and Facebook applications to create social experiences involving your products and online properties that are attractive and personalized.
The establishment of these points of contact Facebook allows you to start building your fan base and commitment to its customers. Facebook Like ads are the fastest way to acquire fans. Publication and engage in conversations with your fans will deepen relationships and gain valuable information.
Whenever a person interacts with your business, that action is published in the News Feed, creating word of mouth. These organic stories are very effective in getting others to participate and take action, and can be shared with a much larger number of potential and current customers by using Facebook Ads and Sponsored Stories. Facebook Ads include the names of the friends that have been connected to your business. Sponsored Stories allow you to increase the distribution of news feeds of your business.
Together, these tools give the effectiveness of earned media, the scale and predictability of the means of payment. Each campaign will have a lasting impact runs through the relationships you build along the way. This new word of mouth and research has shown that it is twice as effective in driving the results.
5 Awesome Facebook Tips
Build a strategy that is social by design
- Everything you do should be social, not added at the end of a campaign or done on the side.
- Facebook must be integrated with broader marketing efforts and part of how to achieve your business goals.
Create an authentic brand speech
- People on Facebook are clear and open about what they are – be the same, providing direct information about your business
- Facebook is a great place to bring your brand personality to life through authentic and consistent speech.
Make it interactive
- People spend time on Facebook to communicate and share with others, so always engage in two-way conversations
- Think about the brand that are inherently social and create content that people will be excited to pass along
Nurture your relationships
- As in the real world, building relationships with people on Facebook takes time and requires a long-term investment
- Maintain the contents fresh and easy to consume, use ads to keep in touch, and reward people for their loyalty through offers and promotions.
Keep on learning
- Facebook allows you to get feedback from people in real time, giving you the ability to repeat and improve.
- Use reporting tools to learn about your fans and content and products they find most interesting
Best Practice for Your Facebook Goals
Product Development and Innovation
Facebook allows you to learn about your target audience and to understand their interests and friends. For this reason, this can be used to generate new product ideas and innovations. Facebook tools allow you to create totally new experiences of social product as an online store that lists only the favorites for your friends that you can access from your News Feed. You can also create your Facebook community to help crowd source its next product idea.
Steps for product development and innovation
STEP 1 – Make a creative campaign to request the opinion of your new product
- Run a contest or event to gather input on Facebook by building an application to gather submissions.
- Have the community vote and provide incentives for participation.
STEP 2 – Drive awareness of and participation in the campaign by promoting it across your marketing channels
- Run a Facebook Ads campaign that includes Sponsored Stories for App Used.
- Promote the campaign in your other marketing channels such as TV, email, print or on your website.
STEP 3 – Identify and refine your target audience with Campaign Reporting and Page Insights
- Optimize your Facebook campaigns by testing which audiences are more responsive to different creative
- Use this information to direct future marketing efforts
STEP 4 – Build a social product experience by using the Graph API and Social Plugins
- Enable people to like individual products and content across the web with the Graph API
- Use Social Plugins like the Activity Feed, Recommendations, Comments and Live Stream to make experiences off of Facebook social
STEP 5 – Be present and active on your Facebook Page throughout the product development cycle
- Use publishing and Facebook Questions to get feedback, iterate and generate future product and marketing ideas
Once you have created a Facebook Page that allows your unique brand to shine, it is time to generate awareness of your Page, latest product, or current marketing effort. To do this, you can leverage Facebook’s tremendous reach and targeting capabilities with Facebook Ads and Sponsored Stories. These products offer the benefits of earned at the scale and predictability of paid. That’s because they are shown with stories about friends who have already engaged with your business on Facebook. This is the new word of mouth and it’s twice as effective at driving awareness.
Steps to Generate Awareness
STEP 1 – Create a Facebook Ads campaign that encourages people to take an action that will be seen by their friends
- Keep ad destinations on Facebook
- Encourage liking to build connections and make future campaigns more effective
- Keep text simple, highlight special offers, tell users what to expect, have a strong call to action
STEP 2 – Integrate Social Plugins and the Graph API, such as the Like Button, into your website and mobile experiences
- This allows the actions people take off of Facebook to show up in the News Feed and be amplified through Sponsored Stories
STEP 3 – Post interesting content with clear calls to action that encourage interaction and sharing
- Applications on Facebook can be used to build viral awareness campaigns
- Promote launches or promotions with Deals or Events on Facebook
STEP 4 – Run Sponsored Stories to promote people’s actions from the News Feed to the right column of their friends’ screen
- Sponsored Stories for App Used allow you to amplify every time someone interacts with your app
- Sponsored Stories for Page Posts can be used to ensure your fans see your posts
STEP 5 – Use Facebook’s unique reach and targeting capabilities to optimize and iterate on your campaigns
- Try different targeting techniques: Likes and Interests, Friends of Connections and standard demographic
- To maximize message recall, test different creative for each target group
Drive preference and differentiation
Facebook is a great place to build preference and differentiation for your brand over competitors. On Facebook, people discover your brand through trusted referrals from their friends. Then drive preference by interacting with and rewarding your fans. Think of your Facebook Page as a key touch point that you can leverage to bring your brand to life for your customers in real time.
Steps to drive preference and differentiation
STEP 1 – Understand what people currently think of your business and why they think it is unique and relevant
- Listen to what people are saying about your business on your Page and use Questions to survey them.
- Use Page Insights to understand what they are interested in.
- Define the gap between your current perception and your brand’s desired perception or point of differentiation
STEP 3 – Launch an integrated brand-building campaign to drive preference and differentiation
- Create a campaign that supports your desired perception across your typical channels (TV, print, radio, Facebook, etc.)
- Create Facebook Ads and Sponsored Stories with Friends of Connections targeting to show people how their friends have already interacted with your brand
STEP 4 – Think about how to integrate Facebook into your products, website or mobile apps to make them more personal and unique
- Use the Graph API to enable people to shop based on what their friends like
- Use Social Plugins to create a social experience for people engaging with your brands
- Use Apps on Facebook to bring your brand to life on your Page
STEP 5 – Check in with your customers to understand what is resonating and whether you have been successful
- Monitor your Wall and use Page Insights to see what’s working
- Run a Nielsen Brand Effects study to ask questions or run polls to understand how perceptions changed post-campaign
- Use your own brand tracking measurement tools
Increase traffic and sales
Facebook turns purchasing into a social decision by enabling people to show what they like and have purchased, both online and in the physical world. On Facebook, you can create viral promotional events, publicize offers or run Deals. Every time someone RSVPs, clicks, or checks-in, that action gets shared with all of their friends. This combination of word of mouth and your ability to deepen engagement with your customers at the point of purchase (either on your website or in store) is incredibly powerful at driving traffic and sales.
Steps to increase traffic and sales
STEP 1 – Decide on a sales goal and the promotional activities that will help you get there.
- The right marketing mix will help you satisfy your customers’ needs, increase sales, improve your results and increase your ability to reach multiple customers within your target market.
STEP 2 – Run a creative campaign to share that promotion through Facebook Ads and Page publishing
- Consider using an application or exclusive tab to create a promotion that requires people to like your Page or share the content
- Use Sponsored Stories to ensure the friends of someone who interacts with your campaign, see that action
STEP 3 – Create a social experience at the point of purchase
- Use the Graph API to allow people to like specific products
- Integrate post purchase sharing so that once a user has checked out, they have the option to publish to their Wall
- Create Deals to drive people in store and have them check in so the action gets published back to their friends
STEP 4 – Drive people to point of purchase online
- Use Facebook Ads with offers that take people to the point of purchase – be transparent that clicking the ad will take you off Facebook
- Every time someone likes a product on your website, boost the story with Sponsored Stories for Domains
STEP 5 – Drive people to point of purchase off-line
- Make sure your Page is connected to a geographic Place
- Use Deals and Premium Event Ads to drive people in store
- Run Sponsored Stories for Place Check-ins to amplify word of mouth
Build loyalty and deepen relationships
Facebook is fundamentally about relationships. The people who like your Page are saying that they want a relationship with you. This connection allows you to build and deepen relationships with your most loyal customers and allows them to spread the word about your brand to their friends. Because of the information people share about themselves on Facebook, you can create highly custom and personalized experiences to drive engagement and loyalty over time.
Steps to build loyalty and deepen relationships
STEP 1 – Remind people that you are on Facebook and there to communicate with them
- Promote your Facebook Page in offline marketing collateral
- Integrate Facebook into your website with Graph API to make sure your customers are part of your Facebook community
- Use Facebook Ads and Sponsored Stories to stay top of mind
STEP 2 – Develop an authentic personality and voice
- Create a publishing calendar
- Post stories that people care about, ask questions and encourage participation
- Publish in the early morning or late evening
STEP 3 – Ask questions, listen and be responsive, take part in a two-way conversation
- Use Facebook Questions to drive engagement and learn
- Appoint someone on your team to monitor your Page daily and interact with people in an authentic way
STEP 4 – Let your fans know they are special and reward them for their relationship
- Thank them for their engagement
- Run Deals and special promotions to your Facebook community
- Provide them with exclusive information, updates, and events
Amplify recommendation and word of mouth
Everything you do on Facebook is viral because all actions are published into the News Feed and are lasting. People expect to discover things on Facebook through their friends. Rather than thinking of driving recommendation as an independent objective, sharing should be built into all of your Facebook activities and campaigns. Here are some of the Facebook tools that help amplify word of mouth and recommendation.
Steps to Amplify recommendation and word of mouth
STEP 1 – Encourage people to like your Page
- This opens the communication channels between you and your customers
- It also creates an association between your brand and that individual
STEP 2 – Create great content that encourages sharing and keep it fresh
- Post video content to stimulate sharing
- Use a publishing calendar that includes exciting product announcements and promotions
- Be active in two-way conversations
STEP 3 – Integrate Social Plugins and the Graph API with the Like Button on all of your online properties and at any point of purchase
- This creates more opportunities for actions that will be published into the News Feed and content that can be used in Sponsored Stories
STEP 4 – Use Facebook Ads and Sponsored Stories to create word of mouth at scale
- These products allow you to show your brand’s message to your target audience with stories about their friends who have already engaged with your business
STEP 5 – Learn and iterate
- Use Page Insights to determine the content people are most excited about engaging with and sharing
- Use Campaign Reporting to determine what type of creative and targeting gives you the best results
Facebook allows you to learn about your customers both by observing their actions and by engaging with them directly. It is a great place to learn who your customers are and what they think about you. Facebook makes it easy to incorporate your customers into your product development cycle and marketing campaigns and iterate quickly. You can do all of this in real-time, globally. When used actively, these insights can help improve your business by helping you stay aligned with the people you serve.
Steps to Gain Insights
STEP 1 – Use Campaign Reports for your advertising campaigns and Sponsored Stories
- By testing different targeting options, you can learn more about your audience
STEP 2 – Learn from Page Insights
- See the demographic breakdown of who is interacting with your Page and what they are interested in.
STEP 3 – Learn from the two- way conversations that occur on your Page
- Watch, listen and respond when you use Facebook Questions, Apps on Facebook or publish
STEP 4 – Learn by integrating Facebook login and API with your online measurement tools
- Track individual behavior, engagement and purchasing
STEP 5 – Use advanced campaign metrics
When you run large advertising campaigns, use Nielsen Brand Effects studies to track the effectiveness of your campaign on brand building objectives
Hope the above information helped you a lot to learn many new things and provided you a great knowledge to understand the optimize Facebook for greater marketing purpose. I am thankful to Facebook to share such a great knowledge to us.