New to SEO? or want to polish your skills and understanding for SEO? Here you will get the maximum understanding of Search Engine Optimization and its importance for the business today.
Before we dig into the core SEO definitions and its important subjects. I want to share some really important statistics which will help you a lot to understand how the businesses today depends upon the SEO.
- Google owns 67% of search market share, and it indexes and crawls over 30 trillion web pages. (comScore 2013)
- 61% of global Internet users research products online. (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012)
- 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine. (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012)
- Worldwide, we conduct 131 billion searches per month on the web. (Comscore, January 2010)
- 57% of TV viewers use the web simultaneously. (Nielson, 2009)
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic, not paid. (Marketing Sherpa, February 2007)
- 60% of all organic clicks go to the top three organic search results. (MarketingSherpa, February 2007)
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. (MarketShareHitsLink.com, October 2010)
- The average click-through rate for paid search in 2010 (worldwide) was 2%. (Convario, January 2011)
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links. (HubSpot State of Inbound Marketing Lead Generation Report, 2010)
- Businesses with websites of 401-1000 pages get 6x more leads than those with 51-100 pages. (HubSpot Lead Generation Lessons from 4,000 Businesses, 2011)